NH Criminal Defense Attorney for Murder and Violent Crimes including Drunk Driving and Drug Possession in Manchester NH, Nashua NH, Derry NH and Salem NH.
At the Law Office of Richard Monteith we provide intrusive investigation and preparation that is essential for people accused of the most serious crimes throughout New Hampshire.
Attorney Monteith is one of the most respected criminal defense lawyers in New Hampshire and has handled many high-profile murder cases, attempted homicide, armed robbery and other serious crimes. With a proven record including many acquittals, dismissals and successful negotiations for reduced sentences.
When police are knocking on your door and your freedom is on the line you need an experienced criminal defense attorney standing by your side. It will save you time, money and your personal reputation that can affect everything you do in life.
Felony and Misdemeanors
Having a felony or misdemeanor on your record can make life difficult in your career and future.
A misdemeanor is a "lesser" criminal act. Misdemeanors are generally punished much less severely than felonies, but are usually more so than administrative infractions (also known as regulatory offenses). Many misdemeanors are punished with monetary fines.
- Drunk Driving
- Disorderly Conduct
- Resisting Arrest
- Criminal Threatening
- Marijuana Possession
Felonies are a more serious crime with more severe sentences. A person convicted in a court of law of a felony crime can be punishable anywhere from death to imprisonment in excess of one year. If punishable by exactly one year or less, it is classified as a misdemeanor.
- Attempted homicide or assault
- Vehicular assault
- Vehicular homicide
- Drug Sales & Possession
- Possession with Intent to Distribute
- White Collar Crimes
- Money Laundering
Felony convictions can have a potential punishment of death
Across the broad range of our criminal defense work, Attorney Monteith has represented all types of clients facing DUI charges in Manchester, NH and surrounding towns some include prosecutors, attorneys, executives, doctors and even police officers. We will work for you and fight for your rights to keep your drunk driving charges to the minimum. We have had many not guilty cases and dropped charges for lack of evidence and wrongly accused.
I have handled many Drug Sales & Possession Charges in larger NH cities like Manchester New Hampshire and Nashua NH State and Federal Courts.
Drug Crimes include:
- Drug Possession (Cocaine, Marijuana, Methamphetamine)
- Drug Sales
- Possessions with Intent
Prescription Medications (Non Valid Prescription Holder)
- Burglary, Theft
- Criminal Mischief
- Receiving Stolen Property
If you have multiple motor vehicle convictions and are facing becoming a habitual offender it would be in your best interest to hire an experienced motor vehicle defense lawyer to assist in reducing your sentence and keeping your license in check.
Here is how someone can become a Habitual Offender:
- Any combination of 12 convictions for speed, yellow line, operating without a license or operating without proof of financial responsibility, or
- Three (3) major convictions (see below), or
- One (1) major conviction and any combination of 8 of the convictions shown in item 1 above, or
- Two (2) major convictions and any combination of 4 of the convictions shown in item 1 above, and
- These convictions are based upon the date of the underlining violations and have all occurred within a five (5) year period.
The most common major convictions are:
- Driving while Intoxicated (any such offense).
- Reckless Driving.
- Leaving the Scene of (Conduct after) an Accident.
- Operating after Revocation or Suspension.
- Taking a Vehicle without Authority.
- Disobeying a Police Officer.
- Unlawfully Passing a School Bus.
Other Motor Vehicle offenses Include:
- Excessive Speeding
- Negligent Driving
- DUI/DWI Offenses
- Operating After Suspension
Can convictions from other states be used against me?
Yes. They are sent from the other jurisdictions and added to your New Hampshire driver history.
Domestic violence, also known as domestic abuse, spousal abuse, family violence, and intimate partner violence (IPV), has been broadly defined as a pattern of abusive behaviors by one or both partners in an intimate relationship such as marriage, dating, family, friends or cohabitation.
Domestic violence, so defined, has many forms, including physical aggression
- Shoving (restraining, slapping, throwing objects)
- Sexual abuse, emotional abuse, controlling or domineering, intimidation stalking.
- Assault and Battery
- Crimes of Violence
- Sexual Assault
- Mail and Wire Fraud
- Mortgage and Security Fraud
- Money Laundering Bank Robbery
Investigation and Preparation
At Monteith Law we take an aggressive approach with intrusive investigations on every case and leaving no stone unturned to reveal discrepancies and build a defense. If we are able to take on your case, you will get:
- Aggressive Negotiation & courtroom skills
- Forensics & DNA Analysis
- Proven Record for Success
- Over 19 Year in Criminal Defense Experience
- Successful Appeals in State and Federal Courts
- Helping our client with treatment or counseling
- Experienced in seeking Non-Incarceration Alternative Sentences
Call Me Today – I am Ready to Hear Your Case! 603-437-2733
- Spanish Translation Available
- Evening and weekend Appointments Available
Manchester NH's Criminal Defense Attorney – DUI/DWI Lawyer NH
Attorney Monteith is an experienced Murder Trial Defense Lawyer as well as DWI/DUI Defense Attorney serving Manchester NH, Nashua NH, Salem NH, Derry NH and Bedford NH. Call (603) 437-2733 for an appointment.
Convenient Locations In
14 Londonderry Road
Londonderry, NH 03053
848 Elm St 3rd Floor
Manchester, NH 03101
- Violent Crimes
- Do I need an Attorney?
- New DWI Laws in NH
- Drug Possession
- Opioid Laws
- Fentanyl Laws
- Property Crimes
- Motor Vehicle Offenses
- Domestic Violence
- White Collar Crimes
- Juvenile Delinquencies
- Synthetic Marijuana